Housing Adaptations

If you are struggling to live in your home because of mobility or other physical problems, we may be able to help you. 

We work closely with Kent County Council’s (KCC) Occupational Therapists, within the Assessment & Enablement team, to identify solutions that will make it easier to live in your home. Works can range from something as simple as grab rails and lever taps to more major adaptations such as flush floor showers and lifts.

Smaller works can be funded directly by us. To pay for major adaptations, you will need to apply to your local council for a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) and this is means tested. If an applicant does not receive a means tested benefit, then a contribution towards the cost of works may be necessary. Works for children under the age of nineteen are exempt from means testing.  To find out more please contact us. 

If you feel you need adaptations to be made to your home because of your age or health we can make an application to KCC’s Assessment & Enablement team on your behalf.

Alternatively you can contact Kent County Council:

For more information about this service please call us on 0300 777 2600.