Preventing and solving anti-social behaviour
We work to prevent anti-social behaviour by:
- Supporting community safety programmes
- Working closely with partner agencies
- Organising joint operation days with police and other agencies
- Funding programmes that improve understanding, tolerance and the environment you live in, and diversionary activities
- Making your home as secure as possible
When anti-social behaviour does occur, we encourage our customers to try and solve the problem at an early stage by talking to each other. We also:
- Refer customers to a mediation service so they can talk through the problem
- Agree and jointly sign acceptable behaviour contracts with people who cause anti-social behaviour
- Take legal action if necessary which could result in an injunction order or the people causing anti-social behaviour to lose their home
If we decide to go to court we need evidence. As a witness to anti-social behaviour you can help us win this legal action. We understand and appreciate that being a witness to or victim of ASB can be traumatic. We will fully support you every step of the way through any court case.
Our leaflet Together we can make a difference has some guidance which you may find useful.