There’s monster change happening to benefits - but it doesn’t have to be scary.
Universal Credit (UC) is a new benefit to support you if you are working and on a low income or you are out of work. It replaces six existing benefits into one single monthly payment:
- Housing Benefit
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
What’s different about Universal Credit?
- It’ll be paid into your chosen bank account
- You’ll get one monthly payment for your whole household
- Your rent will be included in the single monthly payment
- You’ll have to pay us your rent directly
- It’s claimed online
Our short animation tells you how to get ready for Universal Credit in 4 easy steps.
How can Golding Homes help?
We can help you with your application or refer you to our Tenancy Support Advisor for advice and support on opening a bank account or managing your money. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0300 777 2600.
Universal Credit Free Helpline 0800 328 9322 (8am – 6pm Monday - Friday)