Personal Development Grant
We offer Personal Development Grants to residents who need financial help in order to help improve their prospects, whether it be through training, learning, etc. You can apply for up to £150 and there's no need to pay it back. The grant can be to cover the total cost or be a contribution to a larger amount you are trying to raise.
What are the rules and who can apply?
- You must live in a Golding Homes property
- There is no age criteria
- Payment will be paid direct and not to individuals
- Grants will be given at the discretion of Golding Homes
- All applications will be considered on a case by case basis
- Only one application per person per year
- No applications for money for holidays will be accepted
- No application for the repayment of debts will be accepted
- We will only consider events that have not yet taken place
- Grants offered maybe for less than the amount applied for
You (or your parents if you are aged under 18) must be in receipt of one of the following benefits (proof will be required):
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Disabled Persons Tax Credit
- NASS (National Asylum Support Service) support under part IV, the Immigration and Asylum Act
- Incapacity Benefit or Employment Support Allowance
- Widowed Mothers Allowance
You can apply online using our Personal Development Grant Application Form or request an application form by contacting the Community Development Team. Completed applications are reviewed and a decision given as soon as possible, although please note this could take up to 28 days.